Colossus is said to dwell off the coasts. Over the years, Psymonsters have postulated that the legend originated from sightings of Colossus that may grow a tremendous size in length, despite the fact that he was not described as having tentacles and more closely resembled a whale or crab. His sheer size and fearsome appearance attributed to Colossus have made him a common ocean dweller in various fictional works.
He is a colossal black Kraken with sharp teeth, and purple and blue tentacles.
- The name "Colossus" means colossal.
- Colossus is the only male mollusc Psymonster.
- Colossus is one of the 44 Psymonsters who have no legs (the other 43 are Planto, Zoidburger, Gingersnap, Sundrift, Catfish, Putty, Snakegrowth, Mystical, Waxcandle, Angler, Robotical, Sheloden, Kennywheel, Sprout, Scary, Thunderquake, Cobracious, Creaturous, Greedy, Queasy, Transparent, Watermelody, Aquamarvelous, Trampedo, Waxcleaner, Oceanquake, Lunar, Snowmelter, Drivacuum, Slash, Stumpback, Elasmountain, Concordian, Conqueror, Puffy, Schizophobia, Tester, Mytherian, Booter, Telephone, Extraordinarium, Bargeria, and Coolberry).
- Colossus and Oceanquake are the only mollusc Psymonsters with tentacles.
- Colossus appears to have different-colored tentacles instead of the same-colored tentacles.
- He is very similar to the Giant squid from Jules Verne's 1870 classic science fiction novel 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea.