As the free-spirited entertainer of the Psymonster World, Kimono has the deepest respect and sense for tradition. She has studied very hard to learn precisely the way her traditional kimono bandanna should be worn, how her traditional eye makeup must be applied, and even just her traditional hat for wearing the way her hat is. Kimono's most favorite tradition of all is haiku poetry. She loves to write haiku verses about everything that she sees and does during the day. She has gotten to be so good at it that she can have entire conversations in lines of five, seven and five syllables.
She is a big brown ostrich with violet eyes, a yellow beak and legs, blue eyelids, a red kimono bandanna, and a green hat with a sky blue band, a cerise flower, and cream Chinese sticks.
- Despite her name, she does not appear to wear a kimono.
- Kimono is one of the five Bird Psymonsters who cannot fly (the other four are Kiwidon, Featherpeck, Celetropical, and Asiaqueen).
- Kimono is one of the three Bird Psymonsters who wear accessories (the other two are Undersleep and Asiaqueen.
- Kimono's design bears a somewhat resemblance to Fa Mulan from Disney's 1998 animated film Mulan.
- However, Kimono wears a hat, eye makeup, and a kimono bandanna, while Fa Mulan wears a dress and lipstick.